Do you simply need a cable or group of cables to connect between two points and can't find what you need locally? No problem at all, we can build you anything you need. We stock:
- Super finely stranded tinned Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) Cable
- 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 4 AWG, and 8 AWG
- Available in Translucent Red and Translucent Black
- CLICK to learn all about our cable and what makes it better!
- Super Thick tinned Copper Eyelets in 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 4 AWG, 6 AWG, and 8 AWG
- Super Thick tinned Copper 90 degree Eyelets in 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 4 AWG and 6 AWG
- Battery Terminals of all conceivable types for top and side post applications
- Split Loom Tubing
- Split Braided Tubing
- Hi-Temperature Wire Covering
- Boots for Eyelets and Battery Terminals
- Adhesive Lined Heat Shrink in numerous thicknesses
Let us build it for you to your specifications!
We can build you exactly what you need and have it in your hands quickly.
As custom cables are built based on specifications that you will be asked to provide they require 100% prepayment before we build them and this is not refundable under any circumstance!
CUSTOM BATTERY CABLES
Do you own a vehicle that is 20, 30, 40, 50 years old or even older? Is it hard to start? Have you had the alternator, battery, and starter checked only to find out they were all fine? Then, it's likely time to replace those worn out battery cables.
Do you have numerous aftermarket accessories all tied to your stock battery clamps in a haphazard fashion?
Are you building something from scratch and the local auto parts store doesn't stock what you need?
No problem at all - we can build you exactly what you need to your specifications!
Before you go down to the local auto parts store and grab a pair of pre-made generic cables and spend half a day trying to make them work in your application, give us the chance to build something to suit your needs exactly. We have nearly every conceivable style of battery clamp in stock. We also use super finely stranded Pure OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) battery cable that meets the American Wire Gauge (AWG) spec, is extremely flexible, and tinned for corrosion resistance. Finally, we can dress it in split loom tubing, split braided tubing, and/or hi-temperature sheathing.
Following are some examples of our work.
1968 Chevrolet Pickup Truck
Note the cables on the left:
- Cable Construction - A close look reveals that these cables are made from Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA). This is clearly printed on the jacket of the cable. CCA is cheaper and lighter than OFC, but it has 30 - 40% greater resistance per foot when compared to copper cables of the same size! These cables are somewhat inflexible, as noted by the hard bends in the photo.
- Size - The main cables are both 4 AWG, the smaller accessory lead on the positive cable is 10 AWG, and the smaller accessory lead on the ground cable is 12 AWG.
- Ring Terminals - the ring terminals on the ends of the cables are crimped well but all but one are uninsulated, inviting the elements to wreak havoc on the connections themselves - and as you can plainly see, they have.
- Dressing - None.
Click on any photo to Enlarge
Cheap 4 AWG CCA Battery Cables
Custom Made 2 AWG Replacement Cables
Now look at our custom made cables on the right:
- Cable Construction: These cables are made from our Pure OFC Cable which meets the AWG specification, is super flexible, and and is tinned for corrosion resistance.
- Size - We upped the main cable size to 2 AWG - this gives these cables roughly double the current carrying capacity over the same length 4 AWG CCA - perfect for starting that high compression engine on a cold day! Both of the smaller leads have been upgraded to 8 AWG for increased current carrying capability to the vehicle accessories.
- Ring Terminals - note that they are far thicker, tin plated to resist corrosion, and protected with adhesive lined heat shrink tubing to prevent the elements from attacking the connections.
- Dressing - These cables are covered in our split braided tubing to give them a nice finished look. In addition, they are fitted with slip-on battery clamp boots which offers excellent protection against accidental shorts.
Note that we converted to a top post style terminal as the owner wanted to convert to a top post battery at a later date - this necessitates the pictured adapters.
The owner of this '62 Impala is dropping an LS1 in it-obviously a very popular thing now-a-days. In addition to the EFI, he's also adding a 180 Amp alternator, an air ride suspension system, and a complete aftermarket audio system.
We designed a pair of battery cables to maximize the performance of all of it - plug and play if you will.
These cables are built around the Rockford Fosgate RFDB1 Battery Clamps and include the following:
Click to Enlarge
|Positive Battery Cable||Negative Battery Cable|
In addition, we included a 2 AWG upgraded ground lead for the alternator, a length of High Temperature Wire Covering to insulated the cable to the starter (routed between the header and block), Adel Clamps, and a complete assortment of Grade 5 hardware.
Just looking for a basic set of replacement battery cables to upgrade your vehicle's original cables? We build em!
Shown at the right is a set of 2 AWG replacement cables that we fabbed up for a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach One with a 428 Cobra Jet. Included in this set:
We added 1 foot of high temperature wrap to protect the cable near the starter and included star washers for the ground connections.
This customer has a custom built 4x4 with a composite body. He wanted a set of side post cables at which all cables to each battery terminal were on a single clamp. No problem at all!
These cables are built around the Rockford Fosgate RFDB1 Battery Clamps. We included a pair of our XB-SPTM side post adapters to allow these clamps to be used on a side post battery. This kit includes the following:
Click to Enlarge
|Positive Battery Cable||Negative Battery Cable|
In addition, we included a 2 AWG upgraded ground lead for his 200A alternator and a complete assortment of Grade 5 hardware.
What Information Do We Need to Fab Up a set of Custom Battery Cables for your Project?
Custom battery cables are made on demand and we need the following information from you in order to quote them:
- Year, Make, and Model of Vehicle
- Displacement & Compression of Engine
- Gauge of stock cables (if any)
- Length of stock positive (+) cable
- Diameter of hole in lug that connects to starter or starter solenoid
- Length of stock large gauge negative (-) cable
- Diameter of hole in lug that connects to engine block or frame
- Length of stock small gauge negative (-) cable - typically from battery negative (-) to fender
- Battery Terminal desired
As custom battery cables are built based on specifications that you will be asked to provide they require 100% prepayment before we build them and this is not refundable under any circumstance!
CLICK on any for more details.
Eyelets And Eyelet Boots
(Lugs/Rings for large gauge cable)
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL TO ORDER YOUR CUSTOM CABLES!